Thursday, December 30, 2010

I'll Be Watching You


Every breath you take and every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take, I'll be watching you
Every single day and every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay, I'll be watching you


This song by the police has always creeped me out. I mean no one wants a stalker, right? And yet curiously, I find myself these days with my very own stalker, so to speak. Granted, he is far less creepy, but no less scary. He is my 6 month old son and he's entered the staring stage. He holds my gaze indefinitely and watches my every move. Literally, every breath I take, every move I make, he IS watching me. Hence the scary part. His formidable young mind and heart is witness to how I spend my time, how I talk to people in the grocery store, how I talk about people when they're not present, how I interact with my husband and my friends, and just about everything else I do with my time and energy. He hears and sees it all and while it may not all be registering yet in that 6 month old brain, he is taking it all in somehow. I've never had someone who watches my every move before. It's a daunting responsibility. I expect I will have to admit some mistakes and make some apologies to him. But for now, what better accountability to challenge me to live true to who I am and what I claim to believe, than a curious, attentive to every detail, cute-as-can-be, lil stalker?!!

1 comment:

  1. Very true! Thanks for your post! Definitely something to be reminded of for us moms and dads with little ones!

    ReplyDelete